Quote:

Quote:

Poorbug, do you have a head-on picture of it, e.g. how does it shine looking at it flat? Does the surface show scratches?

i thought u were "hanging up the roller"????

i'd rather paint my car for $50 and get a real paint job for $5000 when i can afford it over a cheap macco crappy paint job. i had my money on you for having the first sucess story.

I am hanging up the roller. I said Maaco/miracle, but I would only really consider Miracle.. they do a lot of old cars, they did my dad's 65 Coronet 500 and it turned out nice. Their cheap job I can get for about $500 and do the jambs myself with Rusto professional.

Still I want to see if there's a way to pull this rustoleum thing off. Even with that product to make it flow better, I don't see how the overall gloss would be any better. The gloss on my test areas looked OK till I wetsanded, but if I had not wetsanded there would have been lots of tiny surface imperfections.

Whether or not I paint my car with a roller to me doesnt matter as much as this topic helped get me off my can and start spending a lot of time prepping for paint. I figure I have done the work and determined that roller painting doesn't result in the look I want for my car, so that's that. Either way there will be another shiney Mopar on the road.