Quote:

Hey Exit
I am using odorless mineral spirits from Ace. I seriously tried to scratch my car again, and nothing.
Maybe is the color. As far I can remember everybody is using dark colors. You are the only one using a light color.
I bought professional almond paint for my bug. I am going to start to paint tomorrow. I will let you know what happens.

By the way, anybody knows how to get rid of masking tape from the car. The tape have been there a couple of weeks on the trim and now I can not take it out. I have tried alcohol and hot water also (the paint is fine) but does not work.

Superchango - I used the gloss white for the stripes on the Beer Fridge. Other than the paint appearing to be "thicker" right out of the can, I didn't notice any difference once it was mixed down.

BTW - Exit - I have to amend my statement from this morning: Sitting here in the garage, I see now that I have been using the "odorless" mineral spirits after all. Still, I think you're on the right track - with the low temperatures you have (had), and the odorless spirits, it's very possible that the spirits were not getting enough time to properly evaporate between coats, or even getting trapped in the paint because it was too thick. I say it's worth another try - if you still have paint left over, you got nothing to lose and potentially alot to gain. Remember, even in the dead off winter here (S.FL), it is still very warm and the humidity is much higher than the rest of the country. I'm hoping that speaks well if I decide to paint over the summer, although that's not likely.

69 - I'll agree that white is probably the best color to paint if you have imperfections to hide. I just can't get over the idea that it's a "chick" color for a car!