21 Pages!! Woohoo!!
Quote:

well the fenders were allready painted when i got the car, it was a 20yr old single stage paint job, i just prepped the body, did the body work and painted right over the old paint. if your getting new fiberglass, i'd definetly prep it by sanding with 400 grit sand paper dry, not wet, then just paint as usual. that paint really sticks to fiberglass, i've painted my sail boat with it years ago, it lives outside still looks great. also when you sand the fiberglass, be sure you don't have any shiny spots from the gelcoat, only sand enough to get it dull, on fiberglass espically don't use any primer, there's no need. just sand and clean using mineral spirits, tremclad works amazing on fiberglass.

Thanks for the info... I had a feeling that the porous nature of the glass would "suck up" the paint pretty good.

On the other discussion, I am interested in this process so I won't be scared to drive my car. If I drop a couple grand on the spray job at the local body shop, I'll be a bundle of nerves and not drive this little beast the way it's meant to be driven. I plan on taking it on the beach, on trails, etc... I think it will be a economical to not only complete, but also to maintain when the scratches and chips come our way. Just my

I enjoy how it's opened up some barriers between enthusiasts of different kinds of cars with the same painting dilemma. Charger gets my Peace Prize vote.