Hey guys, I was linked to this thread by another forum, and I have been wanting to paint my Civic. I have a few questions about the process.
Hey,
I just read your posts about how you painted your car. I have to say it looks really nice! But since I don't have the time to read and the millions of posts, could you give me step by step instructions on how to do it? So far I have:
Thin the Rustoleum paint with Mineral spirits, not paint thinner.
Then apply very thin coats of paint to one body panel at a time, and after two coats, wetsand it, then go over it with a tack cloth, then two more coats and repeat sanding. Then take turtle wax and buff it out. Is this correct? What grade sand paper do I need to use for prepping and between coats? Does the car have to be bare metal, or just sanded smooth? How did you paint in the door jams without getting is inside the car? How do you take the window trim off so you can get in there? Does it matter if the paint is gloss or not? Is there anny breakthroughs that are within that post that I don't know about? How long should I wait before I wetsand between coats? Is it ok to use the regular Rustoleum and thinned with mineral spirits? If you could help it would be much appreciated!