Quote:

69Charger, Ive been following this thread from the beginning and I was just wondering.If I decide to spray a panel as a test,should I still use mineral spirits and water it down as I would rollering? I,ve scrolled through a bunch of these pages and havent been able to find where anyone has asked about this.I,m going to try rollering a trunk lid in the next week or so but I want to spray one side just to compare the two! Thanks and great thread!

if your spraying the paint, thin it down with mineral spirits, guess at the mix would be 30%, like a reducer. i have sprayed the tremclad/rustoleum, and it sprays awesome, flows very nice, and alot eaiser than single stage paint, does'nt smell as bad either. if you can spray, i'm sure you'll be really really happy with it, like i said it flows like no other paint i've sprayed before, just make sure it's thinned out nice, if your gun starts clogging, your too thick, works espically nice with a HVLP setup. just a tip if you do spray, thin only to get good performance from your gun, then, when painting, it's not like single stage or BC/CC, you'll want to lay each coat just enough to be wet, but not thick, unlike where you spray single stage with 1 mist coat, then 2 medium, then 1 mist coat again if your doing a metalic. just spray just enough for it to be "wet" and self level. on some peices i've done, the results were glass, amazing results. thing i like about the paint is that it's so inert, does'nt fish eye, humidity and temp are allmost irrevelant, unless your doing it in extreems. just a incredibly easy to spray, and flows amazing paint. i sprayed 4 coats on my test pieces, and did'nt wetsand at all, just polish, results were amazing. i'm debating on trying the tremclad clear coat, since tremclad sent me a case of it!!!! good luck. post some pics.