Quote:

Quote:

600 Grit is way to rough on a top coat. You should be using at least 1000 between coats. Final with 2000.

I am not sure if you are using straight water or not, but I always use just a little dawn in my bucket and spray bottle when wet sanding. Of course I have never used this type of paint. I will give it a try one of these days.

-Dave

I used the 600 to get (orange peel) material off faster than 1000 or 1500, this is the grit 69charger says to use after the 1st and second coat. I knew it was a rough grit but I didn't mind stepping back a few steps to get the orange peel out.

It worked fine, and I subsequently applied 2 more coats and wetsanded with 1000, and I just applied the 6th/final coat. Tonight I'll wetsand it with 1500 then polish and post pics.

After sanding with 1000, I put some mineral spirits on a rag and wiped the area. If it looks like that after polishing I'll be very happy.

re the soap in the water, does that help the paper glide easier?

i haven't tried soap and water, i see no real advantage, i just use straight water and keep the area really wet, using a spray bottle and spray it down alot, after wetsanding for a bit i have a bucket of water and a shammy i whipe down the surface with while it's still wet, that way it's much eaiser to clean before it dries. and as for the mineral spirits on a wet rag and just whiping it down, yes, that's what it looks like polished, even better, just gives you an idea of what it will look like when finished, that's about the first time you really see the results.