Quote:

WOW! What a thread! I've read maybe 1/2 of it and feel compelled to ask my own question, hope it wasn't already asked and answered on a page I glossed over.
Anyway.....is this Rustoleum paint resistant to gasoline? I would hate to fill up and screw up the side of my car.

Also, what's with all the "deleted by Ira" replies? Hopefully not excessive censoring going on here

the deleted by ira posts was a guy that wanted to have a fight, things got ugly and he deleted the post.

i have a story about the resistance to gas: i was out for a cruise one day, in the sun, it was 38 dec celcus (100 deg F) and i stopped to buy gas, while i was filling gas on my orange beetle, the gas nozzel got stuck on full. so the tank filled and sprayed the whole front of the car when i pulled it out and threw it on the ground when it finally shut off. so there was my car in really hot sun on a hot day with the whole front of the car covered in gas. i complained to the owner and he gave me a free car wash, oh wow, i said i hope the paint will be ok. anyways there was absoultly to damage done by the gas on the whole front of my car, but it did eat the rubber on my running boards which i had to replace. also i painted a 71 kawasaki motor cycle gas tank about 15 yrs ago with black tremclad and i've spilt 15 years worth of gas on it and it still looks great. the paint is after all oil based. i've had gas stain single stage paint if you spill it and forget to whipe it in the sun.