Quote:

Chuck,

Do you have any pictures you can show us of the problem? It doesn't sound like others have had this problem. This is certainly an issue, and if it is the way my test will go, then it will not be acceptable for my car. Color sanding and buffing is an art, there are forums out there (I think there was a link posted a while back) dedicated alone to pollishing/special compounds and methods. I would really like to see the scratches...

Sorry, I don't have pictures. I've already sanded my hood all the way to the metal and the rest of the car hasn't been buffed. Black wasn't the problem 'cause mine is gloss white! It's just those typical spidery looking scratches you get on an older paint job that has been rubbed with towels, etc during it's lifetime...we've all seen it. The paint is soft, buffer puts swirl scratches in it. I think the reason we haven't heard this more is most people are just now getting to this point or they're just not that particular. I want a BC/CC type of shine...just me I guess. Chuck