Quote:

its not rustoleum its factory paint or w/e...he's asking if there is a rustoleum tint closes to this color

Oops, I just read it wrong.

Hey for all you guys talking about getting the shine back and getting rid of the spiderweb/micro scratches, I proposed a hypothetical a while back.

Many guys here have said that when they lay on a very thin coat it goes on perfectly smooth with no orange peel or roller lines. After doing the paint process as described (2 coats, wetsand, 2 more coats, wetsand, etc...), has/will anyone try laying on a very thin final coat that will lay flat and not require wetsanding? That way the paint will retain its glossiness and still be smooth, and then move on to polishing/waxing etc. Could somebody maybe try this on a small test piece to see what happens?

I would try it myself but Im in a dorm room and dont have anywhere to to try it, or anything to try it on since all of my car stuff is in another city. If no one tries it before I get a chance to go home one of these weekends, I will try it and see what happens and then post some results to let you guys know how it turns out.

roe

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG