Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/27/24 12:13 PM
Go gittum John!
5 213 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/27/24 11:57 AM
After reading a couple of threads here and other forums I decided I want to buy an Autel scanner. Features I want are Bi-directional, ABS brake bleeding, and advanced TPMS programing. We buy alot from Amazon so naturally I would look there. It is dizzying to see how many models there are of the 808 series and none of them are on the Autel site. An email to Autel asking if this stuff was supported didn't get me a direct responce only a ticket number and a promise they'd get back to me. That was days ago.
So what are these? Updated old stock? Chinese Knock-offs? Amazon isn't listed as an approved dealer source but walmart is. They carry a 900 series for under a grand maybe I should buy that.

What I have been looking at.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=autel+mk808ts&crid=ECN7WPQZP6GN&sprefix=autel+mk808%2Caps%2C248&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_7_11
0 29 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/27/24 11:38 AM
Still looks better than a Tesla! puke
3 196 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/27/24 11:31 AM
If you have or can get fast internet you have options. It depends on what you like to watch. I have two "extra pay services"(HBO/Showtime etc...)on cable that are ok but don't have the amount of movies i like watch. They give you a hand full of new movies to watch per month and that's it. I watch more stuff via streaming than watch what's on cable. And the streaming is FREE(minus the internet cost). There are some services that charge but again it depends on what you like to watch.
1 73 Read More
04/27/24 11:29 AM
I have two, and other than the lifter bores on one were not finish reamed, no issues....
5 399 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/27/24 11:14 AM
It's close to the ground.

How close? Have you looked into any regulations on what you can put where at your location? That should be the first thing to do before figuring out what to build. If not you may have to remove it after it's built if it's not up to code.
4 196 Read More
04/27/24 11:12 AM
Got the springs all swapped. 8 springs checked about .025" less coil bind than the others. They all went on the intakes. Checked all the lifter wheel play with a slick homemade tool from Hardcore. Everything cleaned. Cam is in at 108 C/L, .050"-.060" to coil bind. Rocker ratio is little over 1.72. Lift came out to .837/.810 w/o lash on checking springs. Piston to valve .075 int, .110. Borrowed a very nice LSM on the motor spring tester. Found the #8 exhaust spring about 35 lbs low. I have spares so that'll get swapped. Today I'll get the windage screen fabbed up, install the pan and steering linkage, radiator, alternator, add oil, trans fluid, and coolant. Still waiting on the lifter. It can be installed thru the distributor hole. So if It takes to much longer the valley inspection cover, intake, and carbs will all get installed. Wesnesdays weather looks good. Going to try and test before next weekends first race.
Doug
15 1,669 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/27/24 11:04 AM
Insurance is like a big hole in the ground that you throw money in and get nothing out. When super storm Sandy hit the insurance companies had a heart attack. They screwed over most if not all of their claims. I sometimes think you have better odds at a roulette table than paying insurance companies. If i invest the money i spend on insurance for 30 years at least i get to keep it. I'm not advocating the government should take over but should some how oversee how they operate. What's the percentage of fairly reimbursed claims vs the people getting screwed? By the number of insurance commercials i see it explains who it's working out for.
linky
15 473 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/27/24 11:04 AM
Instead of making a new thread every time I thought I would just make this one just in case anyone is looking to take the plunge.

I bit the bullet and purchased the Tanks Inc kit because I was tired of killing batteries waiting to suck fuel from the fuel tank. Last October I went to take her for a drive and the carbs were dry, the fuel filter was dry and I was scratching my head. Lo and behold through some sleuthing I discovered my original fuel line decided to make some ventilation holes. 55 year old lines finally met their death. I was going to patch it...then i thought...order new stainless lines but I wanted to make the slow shift to EFI and decided to go with 3/8" stainless lines over the factory 5/16" lines. I bit the bullet and talked to the guys at Tanks Inc on recommendation of AlexP(plus he is my cousin) as he used them for his Roadrunner GenIII setup. I ordered up two 3/8" lines from InlineTube with the chassis clips to go along. EFI Tank from TanksInc, reed style float to feed the signal to the factory dash gauge which hasn't seen any use since it was restored ten years ago and the fuel sending unit transmitter was Chinese trash. Always guessing how much fuel I have in my tank. I had retrofitted an Autometer float to a factory sending unit and added ANOTHER gauge to my setup which was annoying, now that gets removed. I purchased the 255LPH sending unit from T.I. and the carb kit install. A few AN fittings and a fuel pressure regulator to kick the 100psi down to 7psi. No instructions in the box so thats going to be interesting, hopefully their website has something. It really is a nice tank, I am going to use my original straps with some rubber padded strips to prevent metal to metal rattling on the mounts. The original tank weighs 16.5 lbs and the new tank weighs 20.5 pounds.

First question is what to do with the tank vent. The tank itself has one, they supply a Y fitting to connect to the vent on the fuel pump plate which. They also supply a ball valve aerator (venterator?!?!) which says it should be mounted at the highest point vertically. Since I have the Fuel fill tube vent on the 69 Charger feeding off a port on the fill neck, do I have to install any of the aforementioned since the exit of the fill tube vent releases vapor through the floor?

Next question is: Where is a smart place to connect the fuel regulator. I see people insytalling it in the engine bay on the radiator support and I can't help but think that if a hose bursts that pressurized fuel is a great way to ignite on the exhaust. I was thinking to mount it on the subframe near the fuel line, with a debris cage around it just in case a fuel line lets go, it will be spraying on the ground below. I don't like running braided hoses for fuel line nor rubber hoses for more than 6 inches. The previous Edelbrock fuel pump was hard lined to my CH28 with an inline psi gauge. I already installed the block off plate from Summit, where even though it was stated to fit RB blocks, it wasn't. Had to take a grinder to the edge facing #2 cylinder

Few pics of the tank as well as the vent plate from above
0 28 Read More
04/27/24 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by JDMopar
I talked to Gary at Rocker Arms Unlimited about redoing 331 early hemi rocker arms for a friend. They just chrome the shafts, not the rocker arms. They have been in business for decades and their specialty is shaft mounted rockers. That is where I would send anything rocker related to be reworked.

I agree and I would want my shafts chromed.
4 379 Read More
04/27/24 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by 67vertman
I have four wheel disc brakes on my 70 E Body, I installed a disc brake master cylinder and I am still running the proportioning valves. No issues after 12 years. I think you can do without it though.

Originally a 4 wheel drum or disc drum?

If Originally a disc drum setup, you're leaving alot of rear braking power unused.

If drum drum, you're good.
7 298 Read More
04/27/24 10:14 AM
I ended up putting my REMS heating element for soldering copper pipes in the orifice and heated it up to make it more pliable. I think I replaced it about 10 years ago so it was still in good condition
2 138 Read More
04/27/24 07:28 AM
Doug
Its all about your budget . up
Heres mine . 2015 Holden Colorado, open trailer , tent . We sometimes dont get power in the pits so I carry a small genny . Spares are hoses , set of plugs ,fuel pump/filters, waterpump , alternator , fanbelts a little oil , front wheel bearings , carb bits, dissy cap/ rotor/leads/msd box & coil , intake/exhaust manifold gaskets , . I often carry a spare set of axles with bearings plus seals and currently a spare pair of radial slicks on wheels .
Running a BB mopar you are not going to find any parts at or near a track . There is only 1 other guy i know regularly racing a bbm in competition and im the only B body .
How did Kermit put it ? "Its tough being green "
But wouldnt change a thing !

Tex

PS buying a 12v esky/fridge was one of the best things i did .
8 825 Read More
Moparts E Body
04/27/24 05:31 AM
1971 Cuda seat covers, new Legendary black vinyl standard front and rear, available in stock now, save some time and money, $765 + shipping. Located in Southern California.
Phone: 818-426-8685. Email: ebodycab@msn.com
122 9,310 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/27/24 03:17 AM
Could be somewhere in Iowa now whistling
6 448 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/27/24 03:12 AM
I sold my Duster on Craigslist. Sold within 24 hours, buyer was happy, I was happy. On flip side I've had parts for sale on CL for months without a single ping. So heck if I know. Some stuff sells, some stuff doesn't. Sometimes I'll list stuff and I don't hear anything for months and then a guy shows up and pays full price and takes it.
24 1,258 Read More
04/27/24 03:05 AM
As long as each bolt has the coated sealing washer under it.

Head style makes no difference
1 134 Read More
04/27/24 02:22 AM
I've put each of my kids in WJs. I've purchased three of these over the last seven years. One of the three had the 2" lift with spacers. The spacers were actually closer to 1.5" and it allowed us to run a 2" taller tire. It drove no differently than the two without the spacers and did not handle so adversely that I was afraid to put a 16 year old in it. It did ride and corner a bit better when we put better shocks on it than what we bought it with.

Any lift does alter the steering link angle from stock, but at 2", it isn't a radical deviation that introduces a load of problems.
2 137 Read More
04/27/24 12:29 AM
I haven't seen it in over 35 years of racing but have heard stories .. I have had the opposite happen on a guaranteed pay out .. I was running 11.50 Index at a Labor Day weekend Index race at Numidia Dragway in Pa. a few years ago I got down to 4 cars and it rained out , Thinking I would get a hundred or two .. they paid out the full amount split between the four cars left ! $950 each ...at another Pa track a few years ago I Won the Trophy Class at a Mopar race resulting in Winning a Trophy , the track operator came up and gave me some cash also and said Thanks for coming !
33 2,715 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/27/24 12:25 AM
19 707 Read More
04/27/24 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Thanks Don! Maybe we'll see you out this year?

I plan to be at 131 all of Memorial Day weekend. Probably be my first outing.
Gonna go to 42 first week of August for Mopar event( be my first time there)
Norwalk in Sept for Mopar deal
London, Ky early Oct for Mopar event, and probably several regular bracket race deals as time/ work allows.
Yea, would love to see that deal of yours go down the track. Bad hombre.
109 18,533 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 11:42 PM

[Linked Image]

work
8 412 Read More
Moparts Race Cars / Parts/Tools/Trailers
04/26/24 11:00 PM
New Comp 26986-16 valve springs with 787-16 steel retainers. These were ordered for a project and then not used. These are fairly short beehive springs which work well on SB Mopar heads or some other brands such as SB Chevy. They are usually too short for big block heads. These are typically used with a flat tappet cam. The springs are 125 @ 1.75 installed height and 280 at 1.200 open height. Good for 0.500 to 0.550 lift. The retainers are matching 787-16, steel, 7 degree.
Comp Cams pricing is $340 for the set of springs and retainers, I'm asking $200 plus $10 for shipping. PM me on the board, PayPal preferred for payment. Thanks.
56 8,107 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 09:53 PM
It seems 10w40 is getting harder to find all over
2 138 Read More
04/26/24 09:52 PM
Standard lifters should get .030-.040” preload.
3 271 Read More
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22