Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/19/24 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by megajoltman
Wyze has solar options too.

Only for their battery powered outdoor camera. I have heard mixed reviews on that setup.
13 556 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/19/24 09:56 AM
Anytime! wave
3 131 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
03/19/24 09:47 AM
Has anyone tried this product "Lucas Semi-Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid Sure Shift"
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/luc-10166#overview
46 3,897 Read More
03/19/24 07:47 AM
Can you please give us some details on your engine
What is the compression ratio, what heads are you using, camshaft, etc... thanks..

10:1 CR, Lunati solid flat 404A1LUN (270ºadv, 241º@050, .548", 104º/110º), hand ported edelbrock head 280cfm@550", ported single plane XCELerator 300cfm.

I have a street car
11 537 Read More
03/19/24 07:18 AM
I'm getting ready to start buying parts and assembling a SB 360 motor with a offset ground crank that I think has right at 3.75 stroke and the bore will be the minimum size needed to straighten out the bores, I'm not going all out for max power on this build.
It will be in a 1965 Valeant 200 Signet with a Pro Trans 904 and probably a 35 spline Dana 60 pickup housing cut down and made for this deal with leaf springs, I will run it on the local E85 pump swill so I hopefully won't have to wory about detonation running the turbo boost up to 10 Lbs. or less using one of Holley's EFI direct port injection, not throttle body injectors.
I'm planning on using this car to learn EFI programming and data storage and use it for tuning this motor luck grin
My questions are anyone else using E85 with a SB turbo motor on here help
What mechanical compression ratio and cam specs information would be very helpful help luck
Thanks in advance: bow Cab
0 57 Read More
03/19/24 07:04 AM
When you say spacer are you thinking of the fuel pump drive eccentric that bolts on to the front of the cam also shruggy
1 79 Read More
03/19/24 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by carrman
BKR6E-11 Are what I have in there now, they are one heat range colder than the ones I want to put in.

Dave
Is the 6# or the 11# the heat range on hose plugs.
I don't use NGK, Autolites or Champions for me up grin
9 638 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
03/19/24 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by toplescuda
Ok. Put it this way.....what exactly holds the axels in place?
The bearing retainer on the axle bolts up to the axle housing up Same bolts hold the brake backing plate on also.
Be prepare to fight getting the left brake drum off even with a great puller whiney
wrench Good luck up
9 227 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/19/24 03:39 AM
If you want another set of fenders and a tank to paint I will sell you mine cheap! I parted one out years ago after the blower that was bolted on destroyed the valve trailn... eek
4 231 Read More
03/19/24 03:31 AM
Bought this 3 years ago. Bought the extra hefty 5a battery and charger. Around 120 bucks for the whole setup.
Use it at the track, and extensively on a car lot I own. Light, dependable, cheap. One of the best gadgets I have ever bought

In 3 years bet I haven’t had to recharge the thing 8-10 times total..and I use it. Flats. Low tires, adjust pressure at the track, etc, etc

https://www.harborfreight.com/20v-c...si-inflatordeflator-tool-only-64533.html
17 979 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/19/24 02:31 AM
back in the early 80's Delta airlines had a run of crashes, problems etc. I thought they should've taken advantage of them by using the slogan
"Fly Delta, We'll end your fear of flying" Just slip United in place a Delta 🤣
3 207 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/19/24 02:26 AM
FPAP was purchased by the Trim Parts Group out of Lebanon, OH. Unfortunately, some of the items that Fritz offered have been dropped by Trim Parts.
4 221 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/19/24 02:26 AM
up
1 60 Read More
03/19/24 02:19 AM
I bought one from Amazon made by "OzCoolingParts" bolted right into my 73 D200 and works great. I know you don't want a Chinese radiator, but other people who read this in the future might want to know that they seem to make decent radiators.
16 823 Read More
03/19/24 02:17 AM
not sure on the pan but i do recall chasing my tail on a noise that appeared after swapping another 440 into my Mom's 65. Finally discovered a small mark inside the oil pan from either a rod, rod bolt or crank throw. whistling mad
1 83 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/19/24 02:11 AM
'Phoenix, Ariz., March 11, 2024 – Today, at the National Farmers Union Annual Convention, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the finalization of a rule to align the voluntary “Product of USA” label claim with consumer understanding of what the claim means. Secretary Vilsack also announced USDA is awarding $9.5 million to 42 projects through the Local Meat Capacity grant program to expand processing options for the meat and poultry industry and new actions to ensure transparency and a fair and competitive market in the U.S seed industry.

USDA’s final “Product of USA” rule allows the voluntary “Product of USA” or “Made in the USA” label claim to be used on meat, poultry and egg products only when they are derived from animals born, raised, slaughtered and processed in the United States. The rule will prohibit misleading U.S. origin labeling in the market, and help ensure that the information that consumers receive about where their food comes from is truthful.

Establishments voluntarily using a claim subject to the final rule will need to comply with the new regulatory requirements by January 1, 2026, and are encouraged to do so as soon as practicable after the publication of this final rule.'

www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2...product-usa-label-claim-enhance-consumer
0 61 Read More
03/19/24 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by Andrewh
the bypass shows the vr is working correctly and is grounded correctly.
the issue is wiring somewhere else. you will have to track the wire voltage from the ballast back to the bulkhead through the bulkhead, into the ignition switch, back out of the bulkhead etc till you find battery voltage and then go back and start cleaning it up till you see battery voltage.

or wire in a relay lol.

Ah ok, I'm beginning to understand it a little better! I'm not quite getting the relay your mentioning though.... I'll have to ask you more about that!... I'll most likely take the time to find the issue and fix that but I'm just glad you've helped me figure out a solution so that I can drive it!!!! I live far from anything, nothing within walking distance and I have to work! If I didn't say it before I'm very thankful and grateful for the help!!! 🥲👍
I'll trace the wires from the ballast back to wherever they go and I'm sure I'll find the culprit!!
I've had the dash components and cluster apart before! I've replaced the ignition switch years ago and like I mentioned before there's something funky with the lights and blower that didn't exist before! I'm aware that the lights will dim and get brighter as I accelerate and let off but this is different and sometimes the cluster lights don't work properly and that's a recent issue!

Well, I guess I'll just ask about the relay now... What relay exactly? Where would I install it? I have an idea of what a relay is, it's a magnetic switch of sorts that is actuated by electrical current that opens and closes a circuit correct?? Not sure where I'd put it or how it would work i my circumstance... Is that really an option or were you just kidding around?
43 1,537 Read More
03/19/24 02:09 AM
Figures,
Well thanks for the info guys. At least I will be able to mock up my test stand while searching for a flywheel.
13 533 Read More
03/19/24 02:06 AM
What an awesome place. I hope someone buys it!
7 745 Read More
Moparts B Body
03/19/24 01:43 AM
lqqking for a NICE third generation green (or black) ac dash pad, it's for a 73 se charger, also solid front fenders if in a 5 hr. Ish driving distance of Illinois.
36 7,090 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/19/24 01:43 AM
I rarely go to Cherokee, but didn't know about the car shows. Might have to check it out. up
16 1,004 Read More
03/19/24 01:22 AM
I got tired of fighting that fight years ago. Now, on any car I build with a 727 or 904, I run the trans cooling lines up the inside of the drivers side frame rail, behind the steering box. I connect them to bulkhead fittings that go thru the radiator support. Them I make hard lines from the front of the radiator support to the transmission cooler. I connect them to the transmission end with steel braided lines ran over to the hard lines on the frame rail. Gets them way above the exhaust, leaves more room to replace a starter if needed. It costs more to do it that way, but is actually less than having to go to the Proctologist to get him to remove the pain from my ass that the factory way causes!
5 262 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
03/19/24 01:08 AM
That certainly looked like a great deal.
4 383 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/19/24 12:34 AM
And the female characters were dressed in a pretty risque manner for the early 60s. boogie
117 8,375 Read More
Lost & Found, Clubs, Businesses, Jobs
03/19/24 12:30 AM
69 RR tranny from blue car from MN/ND
1,461 2,208,270 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7