Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

. when i expiremented with it years ago i thinned with mineral spirits, and the tremclad dude said that will KILL the shine completely. i guess i should have read the can before using it.

What did he say to thin it with instead? Lacquer Thinner as well? Just trying to be a little critical with all the details and questions asked before I start...

Frank.

the paint is thinned with mineral spirits, and the clear coat should be thinned with laquir thinner from what they said.

You mentioned something about the RustOleum Stops Rust being alkyd-based like the Tremclad rust paint that you used. Did the representative mention anything about the Professional Series line?

I was at Home Depot and I couldnt find the gallon version of the Stops Rust paints, only Pints.. but maybe I wasnt looking hard enough...

What I did find was the Professional Series line of the paints w the same color names. Im not sure if those were the same paint base as the Tremclad Rust paint and the RustOluem Stops Rust line.

Just bottom line, I'm wondering what the base of the RustOleum Professoinal Series is...

Frank.