My OPINION first of all is, good ain't cheap,cheap ain't good!But moving on,I heard the idea of using heat to help CURE the finish,I have'nt heard anyone mention AIRFLOW.Solvents are what is used to help atomize it through the gun onto to the surface being sprayed.After being applicated,these solvents evaporate leaving the more solid material,(paint),behind,also aiding in curing.Ya gotta have the airflow to dry the paint.It's that simple.Extra time in between coats will help but don't exceed manufacturer's recs.Usually heat and airflow work together,but some kinds of paint tend to stay or become soft with heat and start to harden as they cool.For the most part,be above 65*F and have the airflow.When wiping for final prep,regardless what you use be sure you wipe it completly BEFORE it dries,otherwise a film will be left behind altering adhesion.As for buffing,you're better off waiting until the paint is hard or close to it.The friction from the pad will help soften the paint and will help with smoothing out the scratches and bringing to a shine.Good luck!