Quote:

Quote:

JeffS - EXCELLENT! I have two gallons of the Masstone Tint Base but the local HD paint guys were a little iffy when I asked what colors they could make for me. I'll print this chart out and ask them if they have the same on file. I'm still not sure what color I want, but this will definitely help.

Rick, I never went to the paint counter at HD to ask about tinting the masstone base, but I am not confident that they'll necessarily know what the heck they're doing. Your statement that they seemed "iffy" just reinforces that. If you have a place in your town that sells industrial paints, they can probably tint it there.

I was at home depot looking at the gallon of masstone tint base, and it says max VOC 400. Well right now, in california there is a 350 VOC limit. Maybe it's just old stock so if I get some I should do it quick.. but you know the can said thin with Acetone only. It said not to thin for rolling (not that we would listen to them!) but I wonder if mineral spirits would be OK with the stuff.

Exit
Remember that I used acetone (like the professional stuff says) and did not work because dried to quickly. I found out that the same company that makes the mineral spirits that you bought (Startex)also makes M.E.K (methyl ethyl ketone) they said this is the same that acetone but evaporates slower, this helps with the "self leveling" of the paint
Startex products