Quote:

Quote:

Exit1965, I have to say that it is really strange about the Acetone and mineral spirits thing. I have two cans of the professional here in my house. The flat black from just last fall and they both say to thin with Rustoleum thiner and cleaner or mineral spirts. And do not thin with gasoline, lacquer thinner, turpentine etc.
I also read the label closer and there is a small block on the side labeled NJ and PA right to know. And guess what it says the professional line has in it-Alkyd Resin. While right on the front it says oil based so it appears that oil based can also be alkyd based and that our products are probably similar to the Tremclad. Anyway no pressure but we are awaiting your test panel with the professional line to see if there is a difference.
Todd

Yes I should have some results by the weekend sometime.

I bought the quart of professional today at lowes, V7570 almond (a number I cannot find anywhere online..). It says thinning not needed for brush or roller, if sprayed, thin up to 15% with acetone.

This one doesn't say anything about alkyd resin that I can find, it does say that "the product contains chemicals known to the state of calfornia to cause cancer..". I am guessing various states have various legal things written on the paint cans, I do wonder if the mixtures are all the same. This can says Max VOC 450 g/l.

William - glad to read that this professional stuff is more durable in your experience. Who knows, if it comes out nice we may be packing this stuff up and sending it to our friends in Canada.

You sure it's not 7770 ??

http://www.rustoleum.com/product.asp?frm_product_id=48&SBL=1