Hey guys...I'm not a Mopar guy (I've got a '56 Chevy...with a 383, hah replete with a nice Mopar 383 Magnum sticker on the air cleaner...I couldn't resist, the sticker was even the right color!) but I saw that ya'll have been looking for a roll-on primer. There are two that I know of (one that I've used). Both will be more money than the paint for sure. Just a fact of life, but they're not expensive.

The first is PPG SX1060. I don't know much about it or how much it costs, but it is a roll-on primer. Knowing PPG it isn't cheap.

The second, and the one I've used is Transtar 6464. Here's a link... I think you can order it online too! http://www.tat-co.com/version2/products_productview.asp?product=6464

It's light grey in color and locally (here in Montana) I pay about $20 for a quart of it (including the activator). I'm not sure if it's moisture-proof (I livei n Montana...it's dry here so I don't care), but you can lay it down on bare metal (no need for an epoxy primer coat below it). I've done my entire front-end with this stuff. Goes on easily, mixes with the activator (4:1 ratio as per directions). I ended up putting three coats of it on my Chevy all in all. I did all my filler work before I laid down primer then block wetsanded the primer with 220 after the first coat, then with 400 after the second and third coats. Came out very flat...I almost considered laving it in primer it looked so good. I started painting after the third primer coat (after sanding with 400 grit). I'm painting the rest of my front-end with tinted Rustoleum from my local Ace Hardware (it's nice being in a small town)...they matched it to what color I wanted...kind of a copper orange color). It's laying down nicely and I'm on my 5th coat. Uniform color with very little orage peel.

Good luck y'all!

Last edited by hutchenc; 05/25/06 01:29 AM.