Quote:

...when I try to buff, not much happens...I am using the cheap polishing compound, and a wool buffing pad...any help with buffing, and the right supplies would help. Thanks.

Hi All...congratulations on bringing this interesting technique to light. I was referred here by a link on hotrodding.com!! I have read every post with interest and decided it was worth a try.

I too am having the trouble described in this earlier post. Everything seemed to be going well until the final wetsand/polish then things went south fast...

a.) wetsand after sixth coat with 1500
b.) buff with "TurtleWax Polishing Compound"

It just does not seem to bring the shine back!! It looks like it does after every other coat/wetsand (dull and scratchy...the areas that haven't been hit during wetsanding shine really nice!). I'm not using a "pro" grade buffer, just one of those $20 orbital buffers w/wool pad like this one. Could this be the problem? Are you guys using variable speed buffers to polish?

To be truthful, I think I would have been better off to skip the final wetsand and just polishing the sixth coat.

HELP!!

Thanks again for the wonderful postings and cheers to all the contributors...Chuck