Quote:

Whew! I finally finshed this ginormous thread. I was curious why no one elsed tried the PENETROL... Seems to me the pics looked really good. Did I miss something?

I may give penetrol a shot when I roll my engine bay and door jambs. The concern I would have is that since the paint goes on thicker when using penetrol, does that paint dry and level as well as the very thin coats that we get when thinning with mineral spirits?

If it does that would be a sweet deal. The guy who originally (claimed to have?) painted with penetrol with 3 coats, and using a foam brush over the entire surface after apparently misreading 69charger's very clear instructions, has not been heard from since then.

I'll definately post results when I get to the point of trying it on my car. I'm kind of wishing I did more testing with penetrol before, because I'm putting a lot more coats than I bargained for on my dart. Just finished the 7th coat and I'm not sure if 3 more coats will color it completely. But using mineral spirits I have enough experience, and others do, that it can come out well.