Quote:

I have noticed on some sections of the car that have 6 total coats and about 2 weeks of drying time that if I dig my nail in, it will scrape right off down to the primer below it. In reading this thread, it sounds like only one other person has that problem, and no solution

Asking the paint guys at Home Depot (whatever that is worth), they told me that Rustoleum isn't made to stick to a urethane based primer, which is what I believe was on my car prior to the painting...

Any insight on how to make this paint harder?

-Mike

It might not be a question of making the paint harder, but of it's ability to adhere to the primer you had on the car. Can you give more details on how you prepped the primer coat before beginning the first coat of paint? Can you get some close-up photos of the scratch test? I gave the "Beer Fridge Project" the fingernail test tonight after one week dry and it's hard as nails (no pun intended). I cant tell you what type of paint the original coat was on the fridge, anyone want to venture a guess what kind of paint they typically use on appliances?