Quote:

Quote:

but they are made in different plants. they said that the paint should dry fully in 14 days, but mineral spirits actually slows the drying process.

Guess that my theory on the mineral spirits slowing the drying/curing process wasn't too far out of line at that.

in a way it is yes and no. when you thin with the mineral spirits it allows you to apply a really thin coat, which dries faster then a thicker coat, the paint is based from mineral spirits, meaning it is a ingreadient in the paint, and adding only about 10% to thin does'nt really effect the drying time much.
I spoke again to tremclad and they offered to send me a case of paint and some clear coat in brush from(liquid). after a long discussion basically the rustoleum stop rust is a alkyd based paint but is manufactured in the us and tremclad is made in canada, he said the paints are simmilar, but they use different resins obviously because of where they are made. but one interesting topic came out of the 30 mins conversation, and that was with the clear coat. tremclad offers a clear coat that is a lacquer/enamel type paint that is reccommended to use over the tremclad rust paint, and that it should be thinned with lacquer thinner, and not mineral spirits. when i expiremented with the clear coat i used mineral spirits, and he said that it would actually remove some shine using it, probabally why i did'nt notice a difference when i tested it. but he said when thinned with lacquer thinner that the reflective properties of the finish at 60degrees was 90%!!!! that's like really high, and should be really really shiny. they also use the clear coat to paint on chrome, brass, copper, ect...as a protective coating, it also has uv inhibitors as does the tremclad rust paint. it's used to enhance the shine on rust paint, as well as for example a new mail box that is brass, the clear protects it from tarnishing. so i think it is time for me to expirement with the clear coat. with the clear i really think it would be comparable to BC/CC in lusture/finish.
ummmmm time to clear the cars?