Quote:

i just tried it on 1/2 of a hood and i must not have it thinned enough because it's not laying down well and has little bubbles in it. do you have any kind of a paint/mineral spirits ratio to start with?

to answer your question, no lol, anyways, i'm wondering if you had the paint shaken? as a rule of thumb you NEVER shake enamel unless you want bubbles in the paint for a week, allways stir the paint. seccondly, all i can recomend is to thin it down with the mineral spirits until it is just a bit thicker than water, so it runs off a brush or whatever just a bit thicker than water, you could allways go a bit thicker, test it out and thin it until you get the right thickness. as for the bubbles, you could also make sure you really stired the paint and mixed it well, if u see bubbles in the paint in you pan then mix more until there is no bubbles, if there's still bubbles in the paint when u mixed it really well then get some paper towel and "skim" the surface to get rid of the bubbles. if you get bubbles when your painting your pushing down on the roller too hard, lighten it up a bit, let the paint sit for 1 minute after you've spread it out nice, then just run the roller over the area VERY gently using only the weight of the roller, then turn around, have a smoke after you've done the pannel, and when your done your smoke, turn around and you'll see it has "self leveled" before your eyes. if your doing a vertical section just apply a tiny amount of pressure as if it were the weight alone of the roller. it's really tricky to do, i could lay it down perfectly level but i have done it alot, you have to "read" the paint, listen carefully, it will tell you what to to . hope this helps.