Quote:

Quote:

looks good exit, but black is hard to do....

Hard to do how? Because of straightness?? The stuff has laid down really flat since that picture, it's going on nice.

Not hard as in any difference in painting technique (although I agree with you that different tints seem to have different thicknesses out of the can), but hard as in getting a desirable final effect. By it's very nature, black paint is the most reflective color you can paint a car. It reflects EVERYTHING, which also means it is going to "show off" every imperfection in the bodywork (dents/dimples/ripples/scratches/etc).

JeffS, Cole - excellent contributions to the thread! JeffS - amazing results! I also thank you for the advice on the final sanding, I think the "rings" I got on the beer fridge are exactly what you described, but I had no clue what caused them. If I could ever manage to get my garage CLEAN ENOUGH, I might even consider just doing one final uber-thin coat with no final wetanding as the gloss properties are so nice. Unfortunately, I cant seem to lay down a coat without managing to attract at least one dog hair! Oh well.

Cole - lookin forward to the photos. I have a few to post of the mower project later on today.