Quote:

guys i could use some help!
Got up at 3:30 am and went to put another coat on and it started lifting up in small spots . I guess you would call it checking .
could it have been the air hose blew something on the panel before i rolled the second coat?

First, is your compressor one that has oil in it? Second, do you have a water and or oil trap on it? If not then you probably coated your panel with a fine mist of oil.

When I am painting I always wipe down the panel with my thinner just before painting. I give the thinner time evaporate then spray.

I the case of the roller method, I would wipe down with the mineral spirits just before you apply the paint. Make sure you give it enough time to evaporate, before you start painting. Wiping down just before paint will take off any kind of oily junk that might be on the surface. That includes oil from your air line, or sweat from you

The other thing to remember is that if you don’t let the spirits evaporate long enough, they will still be evaporating whit the fresh paint on top. That will cause the paint to blister, or peel. I have done it before with much more expensive paint. I wiped down then sprayed right away. What ended up happening was the first time I got the car out in the sun, the solvent under the fresh paint started coming to the surface causing little blisters. We call that solvent pop. The only way to fix it was to strip down my new paint. NOT GOOD.

Keep trying you will get it. We are already seeing lots of you getting your technique down and seeing good results.

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com