Quote:

Hey Exit
I am using odorless mineral spirits from Ace. I seriously tried to scratch my car again, and nothing.
Maybe is the color. As far I can remember everybody is using dark colors. You are the only one using a light color.
I bought professional almond paint for my bug. I am going to start to paint tomorrow. I will let you know what happens.

By the way, anybody knows how to get rid of masking tape from the car. The tape have been there a couple of weeks on the trim and now I can not take it out. I have tried alcohol and hot water also (the paint is fine) but does not work.

Maybe try WD40 or mineral spirits to take the tape off?

As far as the type of mineral spirits.. I think my scratch problem has to do with the coats underneath not drying enough before I put coats over them. So I gotta try it keeping it real thin and give it "24 hours" (according to the rustoleum guy) to dry, and not using odorless spirits would make it dry even quicker.

I have tried that small batch of red paint, with penetrol (no mineral spirits in there) and I can scratch that as well - but I did apply it fairly thick as you can see on that one picture, that was the only coat.