Quote:

"take duplicolor's line of paint which includes primer, primer sealer, topcoat, and reducers (hardners) which is the line of paint i used on the 71 midnight blue beetle in the pics reciently, and that was sprayed on."

Reducer and hardener/activator are not the same thing. If you used extra reducer thinking it was also a hardener, that's why it took 3 months to dry.

What's the part number of this
all-in-one reducer/hardener?
To my knowledge, Duplicolor does not have a hardener at all? The hardener/activator has to be sourced from another supplier which is why I recommended Omni. If I have that wrong, set me straight.

sorry, the reducer was not a hardner, your right, they don't have a hardner, i just did'nt want to go into details about single stage, and what i ment to convey was that even single stage paint does'nt fully cure until about 3 months, then you can wax it, buff it, ect......

Quote:

Who wait a minute here this post is debating roll on and rattle can paint jobs why are we arguing about single stage acrylic paint jobs? Lets stick to debating about rustoleum and tremclad out comes, I find it much more interesting. Keep the info coming you fellow rolling brethren. Jay

i'm lost, i never discussed rattle can paintjobs. this car was painted with single stage process in my garage, with a compressor, HVLP (high volume, low pressure) paint gun:

but i agree, we should discuss the tremclad/rustoleum paint process as i'm not in any way saying that the roller and tremclad method is better, just offering an alternative and sharing my expirences.