Quote:

I have been following this thread with great interest, but have a couple of questions. I have read that hard to reach places can be difficult to cover. Is there a technique for this? Does anyone think that underneath the hood or trunk needs to be buffed out or just left as is after final sanding? Also, what about water spots on the paint after it is all said and done, wax and all. I live in a rainy area and am worried about water spots forming before the paint has cured. Thanks again for all the input from everyone. This thing is spreading like wildfire!!

i've haven't had any issues with water spots, just as any other auto paint from the factory. as for underhood and trunk, i just use a roller where i can which is about 80%, the rest is done with a foam brush, first use the foam brush, then the roller, you have the brush in one hand and the roller in the other. i don't sand/polish the underhood and door jambs, it looks fine just as it is. the wetsanding and buffing is only done for the exterior that you see. it does not look out of place at all, the natural finish looks great, besides those areas such as door jambs are full of curves, ect...and it's hard to even see a difference in finish at all.

chuckthompson - your welcome, i hope i could help out a few people with this tequnique, it's really helped me out, all the extra money i save in paint is spent on mechanics, my cars have perfect mechanics thanks to this paint job, and new chrome, rubber, tires, exhaust, ect.....