Quote:

Q5RR,
Let us know how that turquoise Rustoleum works out. I'm thinking about going down to HD in the next couple of days to pick up a gallon tinted the same color to paint my '66 Mustang (original color is 'Tahoe Turquoise').

- Ian

I just did a small test panel on the RR hood (it will be a sheet metal donor later this summer. I sanded the current paint with a 180 sanding pad, went to 320 and then 600. Cleaned it with paint thinner and used what I guestimated to be 20% penetrol. The coat had lots of bubbles but they worked out and disappeared when I put no pressure and just used the weight of the roller to smooth it.

After that small area was done, I dumped more Penetrol into the tray ( unkown % mixture maybe 50/50). it was fairly watery. It laid down a little better and bubbles smoothed over quicker.

I will let it dry, do one more coat and post some pictures. In the can the color is dark but it lightened up when spread. It may darken as it dries or with more coats, but I hope not.

Chris

1969 Road Runner, Q5 Seafoam Turquoise Metallic, M6S(pewter, GTX type) interior. Currently has a 440 with 727 transmission. Numbers matching 383 is now being stored. Looking for a 400 or another 383, located near Columbus, to build in its place.