Ok, so Saturday I'm runnin around getting stuff for the Dart's paint and body work..I'm in teh hardware store's paint aisle, and there was a 1 gallon can of Rustoelum "Professional Grade" Enamel paint, in Sand color. I read the can. First, it says nothing about mineral spirits, it says thin with Acetone(?)..It also says paint will be dry in 5-10 hours depending on temps, which by the can said 60*F and above, and humidity below 85%. It did say rolling and spraying and brushing were all valid techniques. So, perhaps it IS the mineral spirist part? I've always thought mineral sprits were for stains, and laquer thinner/acetone were for typical "paints". Dont know if that helps, but it's what I read..

Also, it said it can go over any base material, including bare metal, but if you wanted "all the benfits of the rust inhibiting properties.." or something like that, to use their primers..

Last edited by moper; 03/07/06 12:52 PM.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.