Quote:

Quote:

Tremclad sells clear coat, that's uv resistant, ect...

I was going to use the Treamclad clearcoat, but I was looking at the can and on the back in bold letters it says "not for automotive use", I talked to the guy at the shop, who's been really helpful as he uses tremclad to paint cars all the time (albeit spraying it on), and he said its not nearly durable enough for cars, as cars are an everyday use object that take quite a punishment. I then looked into using clearcoats for boats, as thats roll on too, but that stuff:
1) has a yellow tint to it (though if you apply it thin it doesnt show)
2) Isnt as durable still as auto clearcoat (its formulated to be UV and salt resistant though)

well i'm sure they say the paint is not for automotive use either, but think about it, that clear coat is made to be painted on brass mail boxes, over the rust paint, and that sits in the elements 24/7 and never really gets washed/waxed, ect....so i see no reason why it would'nt work on a car, they're just stating their disclamer so nobody sues them when they paint their car with it and then realize that it's not for cars.. but the clear coat is very durable, just like the paint.