Quote:

honestly i would stick with the paint your using, it's what i know works. i'm almost 100% sure that your using the same stuff i used (ie. tremclad) the professional stuff is thinned with acetone, and i think it is very different paint. trust me, this paint is rock hard when fully cured, i would say it is at least 3 times more scratch resistant than any modern car that has a base/clear paint job. like on my 2002 mustang gt, you could put a empty box on it and slide it scratching the car. i know you might doubt me but i can honestly say it is really tough. stick with what is working, if your happy with it just do it, a few months later, maybe faster if it's hot where u are and if you leave it in the sun alot, you will be extreemly impressed with how hard the paint gets. even if you use the paint straight out of the can, like i have on a motor cycle tank, it does stay "soft" longer, but eventually hardens the same, only it takes longer. do the car, by the time you put it all back together and have it on the road the paint will be fully cured, stick with the paint your'e using.

You're the man when it comes to this, and what you suggest makes sense to me. The stuff I used I was happy how it looked and how it went on.. I will do the same process on my new test area then stick it outside in the sun for awhile. I need plenty of time to do bodywork, welding and grinding anyways so I can wait a bit.