Hey, guys i'm back. bUddah civic. I was banned (deserved it) cuz i said some profanity. Rules are rules, i learned my lesson, admins are nice for unbanning me. Thanks again!

Quote:

I got it at home depot in the same place they have the acetone, mineral spirits and such.

A bunch of pages ago, I think someone mentioned using an enamel hardener. Has anyone tried enamel hardener with Rustoleum? I'm thinking the secret recipe could be rustoleum, penetrol to make it flow, and enamel hardener to improve scratch resistance. In my experience it just doesn't get hard enough on its own, even with months of drying.

Umm...exit..i dunno what your doing but mine was rock hard solid after 24hours i couldnt even pull it with all strength and i'm 6'2 - 185lbs ahha, not that it matters.

I have done three coats soo far and am wetsanding again with 800GRIT right now cuz i bought a WAGNER CONTROL SPRAY from homedepot and tested it on a test piece (my license plate area cuz it was still white from the original) iT goes on very smooth but i made it toooooo thin so it ran very fast. But my main problem is bubbles every can has bubbles even if I leave it in the refrigirater and let it come back to room temp on its own. I went back to homedepot to ask the guy if this stuff is professional rust-oleum or normal he said its normal, apparently they dont make tints of the professional kind.

On the third coat it took me over 4 hours cuz i was doing each panel, letting it dry for 1-2minutes then going over with the roller to flatten the bubbles and smoothing it out. RIght now i'm wetsanding and am still getting orange peels but not very very many. Can any of you guys guess what i'm doing wrong? The paint is definetly thin. I know its not the thickness problem.

I'm gonna spray the 4th coat after i finish wetsanding. I will upload pics of the progress soo far tommorow when its sunny and not thunderstorming >.>

Good info guys and good luck.