Quote:

Quote:

a non member emailed me this:

Thank-you for contacting Rust-Oleum Consumer Brands Canada
The Rustoleum Stop Rust and the Tremclad are both about the same products, They are both Alkyd oil based products However the Stop Rust is not sold in Canada and the Tremclad is not sold in the United States.

You will not find the colour you are looking for in Canadian retailers.
If you have any other questions please contact us at 1-800-387-9879.

Regards,
Rust-Oleum Canada Technical Support"

Thanks again
~Steve

so i think EXIT1965 is using the same paint as i did. that should clear it all up rust fighter and stop rust are the same product, just labeled differently in different states. so use the stop rust/rust fighter if you want the equivelant paint that i used; tremclad

I talked with Rustoleum tech support a bit earlier. I got only fuzzy answers. I asked what the difference between the "professional" and not was, and she told me at first that the professional is available in gallons and dried quicker. I asked if the "dried quicker" applied to the non-spray version and she said yes. She didn't mention anything about durability until I asked her, then she said "the professional is for more industrial applications so the durability is better". talk about fuzzy. it did sound nice though.

She also said that despite the "professional" can not mentioining mineral spirits, they test with both acetone and mineral spirits so min spirits should be fine.

So I think, since I'm a bit of a ways off of painting yet, I'll try the process with the professional stuff and mineral spirits. The price difference is only about $1.20 for the smaller container and if it is any more durable that will be welcomed and will obviously be worth the price difference. I will find out if it will shine like the cheaper stuff did, and the durability can (should) only be better.

I know I said this before but the professional version of Rustoleum is far more durable than the standard. I used it from a spray can. I hated the standard version because of its lack of durability, and found myself painting things 2x and 3x. Now I spend the extra money, get the professional, and paint it 1x