Well, I, like many others stumbled upon this behemoth of a thread about two weeks ago. Right on time since I am in the process of fixing my car. I will not reveal the model or any other info about the car besides the fact that it's from the 80's, has a V8, is four years older than me, and was born on the same side of the ocean as I was.

I debated with myself about using this method to paint my car, especially since being in college money is *tight*. Anyway, I am using the rustoleum pro aluminum #7715. When I first bought the gallon from HD, the paint in the can on top was very watery, but when I stuck the stick in it was very thick on the bottom, almost tar-like! I stirred the paint with the stick for like 15 minutes and it helped a little. Then I mixed it with MS, and painted my hood and roof. The paint when on okay. I waited a little, did a second coat and left.
Came back the next day and the paint looked like crap, with roller marks and wasnt fully dry in places. I tried to sand it of and even with water it clogged so bad the paper was useless after about ten minutes. I took the paint back to HD and the paint guy said the paint looked defective to him. He pulled me another can, cracked it and checked the bottom, and it was gummy but not as bad as mine. He told me he was gonna shake it up and I said no b/c of the bubbles. He said he'll only shake it for a minute, not the full four minutes. He shook it up, pulled the can out and popped the top. No bubbles. Smooth, uniform paint. NICE.
While at HD I picked up some better foam rollers. The first ones I used were black, and the foma layer I realized was thin, and the roller part was thick. I found the white ones and the foam layer was thick, almost all the way to the center and the roller part was very thin. Worked much better.
After I resanded the hood and roof back to smooth, I mixed up the paint and started rolling the car. Went on smooth and very nice. After the first coat it looked very shiny and light. My car was originally Earl Scheib silver, and it the 1st coat looked very bright silver, almost like a chrome, but not smooth and glassy like chrome. The second coat looke much darker, closer to the color on the label. still smooth. I am on my way to go sand it down with 600 and more paint right now. The results look promising. I dont know what fish eyes are, but mine looks fine. We'll see!