Steve

steve - i did drive my charger all winter, it was sooo mild, and i only drove it when the roads were dry, but the first car i painted with this technique was about 15yrs ago, a old honda 1985 CRX that i painted black, i put huge miles on that car and 3 winters/summers, and about 400,000kms on the paint, held up great.

Hey 69Charger,
thanx for the reply. I completely forgot about your CRX and also how much experience you have with this technique.

As you know, honda's are nutorious for rust forming near the rear wheel wells - which im currently having right now. Rust is my biggest fear right now - and I dont want to have do repair to it after every winter. I have no acess to a welder - so all fiberglass work. Since tremclad is a rust paint, this gives me a lil' piece of mind.

Does anyone have any experience with those "rust-convertor" products? Do they work? Im planning to spray/brush the inside of the panels to slow down the rusting process. Also, is it wise to paint it on the outer portion too and then paint over it? Or is this rather redundant since tremclad/rustoleum is suppose to "stop rust"?

thanks

steve