Quote:

ok heres a question. i only found rustoleum professional in the quart cans. how many cans will it take to paint a whole car? i plan on doing black. now if i need to buy quart cans should i mix all of them together first to make sure the pigment is even? i know on jambs and trunks and engine compartment it won't matter but for the surface it might. if i did one panel at a time. whats the opinion on this? also is there a base rustomleum professional that can be tinted or do you have to use the colors available? if it can be tinted i might go with something other than black.

I plan on mixing 4 quarts together in a gallon can just to make sure the color is the same. For the last test run, I've opened the rustoleum can ONCE - and poured it into a yogurt container with a nice lid, and mixed the mineral spirits in with it. I kept using that mixture over the past 5 days, just adding a bit of mineral spirits each time as it seems to thicken up a bit over a day.

if you haven't practiced (even if you have...), plan on screwing up a few times so get enough paint where you dont have to worry..