i would have to agree with c38coupe, all i can vouch for is the tremclad, it is really tough paint, if it's good enough for wheel barows, mail boxes, metal railings, ect, which is made to be exposed to all the elements, it's good enough for my car, maybe even better than auto paint, try painting a rusty mail box with auto paint and see how long it lasts!!! as for the tremclad, i can say that the quality of the paint is excellent, on my 74 orange beetle i had to repaint a fender 3yrs after i painted the car due to a really nasty dent/scratch someone was nice enough to leave me at a parking lot. i bought a small can of the same color and repainted the fender, the paint was a PERFECT color match, 3 yrs later, same color, perfect match. you could not tell which fender i repainted, that has to be a testomony to the manufacture of the paint, that it is extreemly consistient, and very good quality. i've had issues with dupont paints in the same situation where color from the same lot # was different from can to can, just goes to show you that the cheapest paint could be manufactured well, and just because it's labeled "rust paint" does'nt meen that it's garbage.