nice work rick, ever think about taking up a fridge and mower restoration service??? seems like you've got the process down pat, and i can tell from your pics that you've got a "feel" for the paint. as for the pentrol stuff, i would stay away from it, the mineral spirits are just fine, and that's what the paint manafacture reccommends. plus there's no tests for how that stuff acts over time, and with mineral spirits; well it's a known good, at least for me. Your results are very nice rick, think about if you took the few next steps like final wetsand with a 1000+ grit paper, and then used the polishing compound with a electric random orbit polisher, it just brings it that much closer to "perfect". you can achieve a "perfect" paint-job with this method; it's all on how much time you put into it. remember the original paint is not any beter, and people allways compare new BC/CC paints to enamels, and there is no comparrison. Oh and rick, the reason why red fades the worst in hot sunny areas is because red pigments are hardest to manafacture synthetically, therefore natural pigments are used and those we all know are prone to break down under UV exposure, causing fade and dis-coloring. The tremclad/rustoleum does contain uv inhibitors so that's not really a huge issue, as long as you keep your car clean and waxed, the paint is as tough if not better than modern paints for durability. case in point, i've had 5 incidents in the last few months that would have made me literally cry if i spent $5000+ on a paint job. incident #1. guy tried to jump me at a drive thru bank teller, i showed him how a 440 charger could peel out over one's feet and cause major pain, and how to properelly eat a quatrer pannel with your face, #2. accidently closed my huge double width garage door (with automatic opener) on the trunk of my car, #3. hit a deer about 35mi/hr, #4. my giant torque wrench with about 6 oil filters fell off the top shelf in my garage right on the hood (great), #5. opened the door right into a motor i had out of another car.

all of these incidents caused almost no damage, nothing a little buff did'nt completely remove, except the #5, where i had to touch up the chip, but that too is un-detectable. so for me this paint rocks.