I've been following a thread about this over at hybridz.org, but the thread seems to have died over there. Anyways I've been experimenting this last week with the rustoleum and a cheap airgun.

this is a honda fender i tried a few different methods on before deciding on a method to work best for me. I tried working with the mineral spirits, but found that it took a long, long, time to flash, probably because i had to thin it quite a bit to get it to spray well out of my gun, it also tended to drip down verticle surfaces. The pics shown are rustoleum "regal red" thinned with acetone, it flashed much quicker with the acetone and i found it way easier to work with. It actually came out looking incredibly glossy, but then i messed that up playing with the buffer and polish

This is the next test, its already recieved two coats, but needed a little more rough sanding to smooth it out. i'll probably be giving it two more coats tommorow and then wet sanding the next day. After playing around with this stuff i have pretty high expectations for it. I also bought a few cans of this im gonna try out-

I'll post some more pics when i get some more work done on it.