Rick - regarding those bubbles. I tried again tonight except using my old "Almond" standard rustoleum. Bubble city. I tried 3 times, wiping it off twice, with different ratio of penetrol:rustoleum and it didn't bubble but it ran really bad.

When I tried with that red and with aluminum, I got it to lay very nicely, but that was on a horizontal surface. On the vertical surface I tried just now, runs like crazy or too many bubbles.

I'm an experimenter at heart so I'll try something new if someone else comes up with a way to apply this stuff so I can't scratch it so easily. In the meantime my bodywork is almost done and I've already spent more than $50 testing this process. I just can't do with the scratchability.

I would love to get my nails on the test area of the guys who said it's rock hard I was at work today and there's some pipe painted with some industrial enamel, and I could scratch it (not scratch the paint off of it, but scratch it) with my nail. I don't think I have super nails or anything either. I've tried scratching my nissan with factory paint, and my dad's coronet with cheap single stage paint, and they are rock hard and unscratchable with my nail. If it's rock hard and nail-unscratchable within 24 hours, I can't buy that.. you need to try scratching harder.