Quote:

That random orbital buffer will not cut paint anywhere near enough to buff out sanding haze. It has very low pad speed and a very large contact area. That is designed for people who have never used a buffer before because it makes it impossible for you to burn the paint. If you have a buffer that will not burn the paint when used improperly, it really isn't doing anything. You need a real 7" rotory buffer with a wool pad.

The buffer in the link is somewhat similar to the one I'm using, the same kind you can buy at walmart for instance. It seemed to polish fine for me. I don't think polish alone would remove sanding scratches, wouldn't you need rubbing compound for that?

I know what you guys are saying that the final coat is glossy on its own, then wetsanding takes the gloss away. But polishing for me made it shiny again (not as shiny as before wetsanding, but I had tiny imperfections in the final coat that wetsanding got rid of). The final coat for me was still slightly uneven so wetsanding made it glass like in terms of smoothness.

For the polishing technique, just wet it down good and rub some polish on the car (go head and be liberal with it on a small area), make sure the bonnet is wet then polish an area. After polishing for 10-20 seconds (a small area), wipe it clean with a papertowl and you should see smoothness and a reflection at an angle. Keep trying different things on a small area, and wiping the polish away and looking for a reflection, until you see what works, then do the whole area..