Quote:

I've done my 7th coat. Doing the JeffS method. It seems like the paint goes on smoother and smoother each time I apply it. I have some drips here and there- but I am getting too tired of this project already. It isn't that it is exhausting- but rather the fact that I have to go out of my way to find a place to paint it. My fourth coat I actually did dismantle my car, tape it and the paint it at Home Depot. Then 5th, 6th, & 7th were done at my office parking lot on Saturday and Sunday- including the sanding. I can't help but laugh when I realize what I am doing... painting my car with a ROLLER with RUST-OLEUM! in a parking lot... but if I am able to pull off decent results I am sure the rest of you will have no problems. I have painted in pollen, rain, shade, direct sunlight, high winds, and even been invaded by a swarm of flying insects. All this on a daily driver. Painting after work and driving it the next morning. I have even been stopped by police in the parking lot because I was taking off my lights and licensplates and they thought I was parting out the car. Shyte. Good luck to you guys. I hope you don't have to go what I went through.

I just need to do my final sand and then buff.

-Serpent

Serpent, Keep the faith brother! I've been rooting for you and bakyru (not sure if I spelled that right) to come through on this. You for all the crazy work you have to do for each coat and bakyru for that fugly red rock & seashell encrusted nightmare he started with. Both of your cars are looking awesome now and both of you can be proud of what you've done. Everyone on this thread is inspiring a lot gearheads out there to work on their own projects. There's more out there reading this than just those posting here.