I am a little surprised that so many of you guys have not read about this before here on Moparts. Primerduster has been talking about it for at least a few years. And I rolled on rustoleum last fall and posted the results. But I have to say the info here is much more detailed and I guess we were only talking about using the flat black paint to make our cars look like primered rides.
I got to say 69charger is doing a great job passing the info and staying out of any arguments so kudos for that. I will just say keep trying on getting the thinner to paint mixture down. It really does help to get it quite thin but like 69charger I cannot give you a specific ratio. My trunk lid probably has like 10 coats of paint on it from experimentation and I did just use the grey spray primer in the areas that I took down to metal for smoothing out purposes. My car does look mean and at the Mopar show here in Maryland last fall everyone did think it was sprayed on epoxy primer. Their faces were priceless when I told them it was rolled. Anyway nothing really new to add since 69charger has done a good job so just count me in as a satisfied $50 paint job guy.
Todd

1969 Ply Roadrunner, 383 4-speed on street tires. 3,830 lbs race weight. Best 1/4: 13.1 @ 106.83 440 & overdrive 4 speed going in. 2005 Power Wagon 35X12.5 KM2's