Ricklandia - excellent advise, seems like you really got a handle on it, i agree with everything you said.

some things that come to mind, never, ever, never mix and enamel on a shaker!!!! only stir, unless you want to make that vacuum table that was discussed pages ago, or you can hitch a ride on the space shuttle to take it into the vacuum of space!!!. also after mixing the paint in you pan, definetly skim the surface of the paint with a paper towel, that reduces the bubbles by half in my case. also don't introduce the roller until you have mixed the paint. and the reason why i don't clean the roller with mineral spirits is the bubbles, use a new one every time, they're cheap. also when you roller, try not to roller really fast, or start out rollering fast and then go over it about 10 times slow right after spreading out the paint, you have to practice and just find that "sweet spot", if you don't have a old trunk, door, or hood, then just do the hood to start with, alot eaiser to sand down the hood than the whole car!!!!