ok, here's the deal on the polishers, the random orbit low rpm polishers (under 4000rpm) take a long time to polish a given area. for example i would spend about 30 mins on the trunk lid of the charger. the high end ones that are just a spin type that are variable speed up to 10000rpm are hard to master, and granted work faster, they also have more potential to screw things up fast!!! the paint is not fully cured, and polishing it faster is just asking for trouble. the paint will heat up fast, and is eaisly burned. i would reccommend using the random orbit polisher and polishing compound for a beginner. the rubbing compound is too harsh for fresh paint. remember you have to take your time, patience is the key. both polishers achieve the same results, the only thing is that the random orbit <4000rpm takes longer, but there is no chance of burning thru the paint. don't push on the polisher, just use the weight of the polisher, maybe a tiny bit of pressure. keep the bonnet wet, i start by loading up the bonnet up with polishing compound, then work a 3'x3' area for about 2 mins, then i spray the bonnet with water in a spray bottle, then go back to polishing, i'd wet the bonnet about 3 times on a particular area, then when i'm finishing up i let it dry up a bit until it's done. even though i have some expirence with polishing i choose to use the random orbit polisher just because it's much eaiser to use, and you can basically do it blindfolded, the other polishers are just to powerfull, and eaisly screw all your work up fast if your not carefull. for bonnets i use the cotton cheese cloth bonnets and not the fuzzy buffing bonnets.