Another MR2 guy coming over from MR2OC and man! This is the thing I've been waiting for to do when summer hits! I have a few questions. I used two test piece first using gloss black. I used my front hood and my side engine lid. I sanded my hood down using 80 grit, then 150 then 220. AFter that I thinned the painted out using paint thinner auntil it is thin like water. I soaked the white roller into the paint and rolled it on. After two coats, I wetsanded using 600 grit, then another 2 coats, wetsanded with 1500, another 2 coats and wetsanded lightly using 1500. I proceeded to polish the hood using the turtle wax but the polish didn't seem to come off when I tried to wipe it off so in order to get rid of all the scratches, I laid another coat onto the hood and waxed it. The surface is very smooth but...this is my result:

My other test piece came out incredible! I didn't sand the piece but I did wiped it down with mineral spirits. Then I used the foam brush and just brushed onto the side engine lid. The paint quality came out incredible after two coats BUT you can see some paint strokes.

What do you guys suggest I do? I'm not using the odorless mineral spirits but the paint thiner that contains mineral spirits. I really don't know what I am doing wrong. Please help!