I find the tremclad (rustoleum) stuff bullet proof, tough as nails, VERY chip resistant, and i have zero fade. but i maintain my stuff, wash it alot, and wax a few times a year. i guess any paint would fade, espically if you put a fresh paint job and park the car outside. right after you buff, wax the car, it'll look great and last.
EXIT_1965- i'd really like to see your pics in the sun, i think you'll be quite pleased, out of all the PM's and email's i've got, your job looks perfect from what pics i've seen. you've done all the correct steps, and seem to have a nack for it. i don't expect someone with absoultly no paint expirence to pull off a perfect job the first time. i can't stress enough that you should get a old hood or something and test the whole process like EXIT_1965 did. i'm sure there was a learning curve, but now that he has the tequnique down, i'm sure he's confortable with the process and see's how easy it really is once you know how to do it. and knowing what you know now, with a better prep than your test peice, and proper application of the paint, you'll have much less wetsanding, ect....and i'm sure you'll be happy with the results, and have a cool ride with cheap paint that you'll be prowd to say " ya, thanks, i painted it myself....you'll never guess how i did it....and the best part; how much it cost me....!!!"
be carefull who you tell or you may end up painting your friends cars!!! kind of like haveing a pick-up truck, all these friends come out of the woodwork, and want to be your "truck buddy" when they need to move!!! that's why i got rid of my truck!!! hey, where all my friends go.....