I can't believe I read the whooollleee thing! Really though, I think it took 4 or 5 hours but I did it all in one sitting.

Found this from a Jeep board, and to say I am inspired is understatement.

To reiterate others sentiments, thanks 69charger.

Also thanks Exit as I am in Calinazi land, and you had me worried about our paint. Thank you for your willingness to be thorough, test, retest, come back, try again. Thorough is a good word.

Have been wanting a nice paint job for my cherokee (xj), and did not think it would ever be reality due to price and the likelihood of transforming something into an adequate enough booth to have a buddy shoot it for me. BUT... now I know there will be a paint job that I can be very satisfied with, and it really appeals to the do-it-yourself mentality I hold in high regard.

I cannot start this process until June, but I will continue to monitor this post, and when I begin my own project I will post my results.

Thanks to everyone who has posted.

BTW used to have a '70 Dodge Dart Custom with the slant six. It was that nice pale yellow in color with black interior, with green cloth inserts on the seats. Someday I will have another Dart, someday...

Last edited by cyberbackpacker; 04/25/06 04:27 PM.