ok... this paint is awesome.. like I mentioned before it started raining just after I put my second coat.. not hard.. just a light drizzle and the paint was dry enough that I could lightly blot out all of the rain drops.. as soon as I would finsih itd start raining again for a bit. Well, after about 6-7 hours in that type of weather the paint seemed dry enough so I put the car back together (I have to strip the lights, window sweeps and tape each time I paint )and when I woke up the next morning the car was swimming. It rained until about 2pm. On the way to work I was stuck behind a semi chucking all kinds of road debriss at me too .. The paint has a cool effect on the water because it creates giant water drops. On my way back home I picked up another quart of the tinted pastel (just intime too.. running very low on 3rd coat) and ended up getting home late..

Anyway.. the paint rocks..

The next thing I learned was NOT TO SAND IN THE DARK! haaa.... I thought I would feel my way through it.. I didn't miss a spot, I am sure, but I did gloss over parts I should have worked more- like where I got a drip or where I got medium amounts orange peel for laying the paint on too heavy. When I first started sanding I spent wayyyy to long in one spot and basically I think I sanding off both coats of paint.. d'oh! By the end I was a wet-sanding master. Next time I am going to sand in the daylight!

Put 3rd coat on today and I can still see through the paint. I think it is because I am putting it on a little too thin. I'll just finish this process with some extra coats.

It will probably be two more weeks before I finish this project because I still need to fix my ground effects and paint them and order my new hood, wing, car badges (damn things are expensive!) rims and tires..

I was getting a lot of compliments today while working on it in the aprtment complex. The kids seem to gravitate towards my wet paint, too. The other day I got offered a beer by some guy in a 95-ish camaro.. seems like the people around here are pretty cool about me making a mess haha.

Wetsanding is a little messy..

I have pictures of each step so far except after the 2nd coat.. I took pictures of it after I wet sanded it.

If I quit painting after the coats completely cover the orignal paint I would be happy and satisfied! Even without polishing. Unpolished the paint doesnt look so bad. However, I am going to follow through with this and if I have the chance I will probably do the 10 coats.

I don't have a problem with contamination outside. Even with all the dynamic elements present in doing this project outside my only real problem is that I seem to be sheeding. I got a few of my arm hairs in my paint. Oh- and my new enemy- POLLEN!

-Serpent