The paint doesnt really drip unless you put it on way to thick.. then it starts to sag.. if that happens just lightly roll over it a few times until the saggy portion of the paint line disapears. Same goes with drips. That is my method and probably similar to everyone elses. There really aren't any problems around the edges and creases. At the most you will either get a paint line caused by paint saturating the rounded ends of the roller or you will get a drip usually resulting from the same cause- the roller being saturated... afterall it is basically a sponge and rolling along a crease exserts more presure on the portion of the roller in contact with the surface of your subject. I used the 1" foamie to paint under my door handels. Surprisingly, the foamie holds a lot of paint. In my case the paint would squeeze out of the foamie as it was compressed to fit underneath the handel and between the spring mechanisms. This caused a lot of paint to come out of the foamie and drip down the door. It was an easy fix, though. I just rolled over the drips a few times while I painted the door or fanned it out using the foamie. The 1" foam brush creates some noticable streaks which seem to flatten out by themselves.

-Serpent