Quote:

i think we could stop on and on about spraying paint. it's been done like a million times in this thread and i've allways said if you have the skill, time and $, then do it...

Yes 69chargeryeehaa, i'm in 100% agreement with you. I think what you and the other guys have done with this technique is super and I am very grateful to you for bringing it to our attention. I've tried to add pictures, ask questions, leave feedback as to what i'm doing and how i'm doing for two reasons:

1.) to get your (and the others who are actually TRYING this technique) opinions and advice to proceed.

2.) leave my "trials and tribulations" here for the next guy that may come along and have the same problems and can learn from mine and others mistakes (and successes).

You and I (and everyone else) know there are other ways of getting a paint job, but this particular thread is alive to further our knowledge of this technique that you have so gratiously brought to light...

Thanks to 69chargeryeehaa, Exit1965, Ricklandia and the others who are "in the trenches getting their feet wet". I will forge ahead and keep posting my experiences...thanks again , Chuck